recordere.dk forum     Det danske community for hjemmets elektronik og indhold     Siden 2003
<b>Forside</b> Forside > Visnings- og lytte-udstyr > TV
  Nye indlæg Nye indlæg  Seneste forum emner Seneste   Seneste forum emner (vindue) Vindue   De emner du deltager i Mine emner RSS Feed - Non-dane looking for help finding a TV
  FAQ FAQ  Søg i forum   Opret ny bruger Opret ny bruger  Log ind Log ind

Non-dane looking for help finding a TV

Besvar Besvar
Forfatter
Besked
DanishBob Se dropdown menu
Ny bruger
Ny bruger

Oprettet: 07-Juni-2017
Point: 5
Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér DanishBob Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Emne: Non-dane looking for help finding a TV
    Sendt: 07-Juni-2017 kl. 12:32
Hi,

I am a bit overwhelmed here... having recently moved to Denmark, I am looking to get a new TV. In addition to the sticker shock, it seems that the models are different here too.

For this reason, I was hoping to find some help here.

I am looking for a Smart TV that can get US apps to watch American networks (already have DNS set up, and this works on a computer in my house).

In addition to that, I was hoping the TV:
  1. costs between 4000-8000dk
  2. is somewhere in the range of 50 - 65" (size)
  3. is 4K, HDR, UHD Premium, & 10-bit
  4. has great blacks
  5. is great for playing video games (low Input Lag)
  6. has at least 3 HDMI ports, but more are better
I don't mind waiting a few weeks or months to get one if it means getting the right TV (and waiting for a sale for it to hit my price range).

Also, I don't have an antenna or any cable tv, so all content would probably be digital.

Any suggestions on what TV to get, or at least some ways to make my search more manageable? Also, is there anything else I should look out for?

Thanks,
- Bob

Til top
Torben Rasmussen Se dropdown menu
Guld medlem
Guld medlem
Flatpanels.dk

Oprettet: 06-Februar-2007
Sted: København
Point: 4378
Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér Torben Rasmussen Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 07-Juni-2017 kl. 13:09
We maintain a list of TV's currently on sale at FlatpanelsDK:
http://www.flatpanels.dk/fokusartikel.php?subaction=showfull&id=1320152757

HDR and UHD Premium at 8000 dkk is going to be a struggle. At best you will find a TV that supports HDR, but doesn't make the cut for the Premium sticker. The best bet wouyld have been the Samsung KS-series from last year, but they are sold out. The MU-versions seems to be less of a bargin as picture quality isn't on par.

You'll get the best experience on an OLED, but at 8000 dkk this isn't going to happen anytime soon.
FlatpanelsDK - Alt om fladskærms-tv, mediebokse og tv-markedet
Til top
Ny bruger
Ny bruger

Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér DanishBob Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 07-Juni-2017 kl. 13:15
Thanks, do you know if any of those TV's an access App stores outside of Denmark? ... really looking for access to US apps
Til top
Rasmus Larsen Se dropdown menu
Guld medlem
Guld medlem
FlatpanelsDK

Oprettet: 23-Januar-2010
Sted: Danmark
Point: 4426
Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér Rasmus Larsen Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 07-Juni-2017 kl. 13:23
I would suggest a box like Apple TV4 or Nvidia Shield. These can easily be configured to access the US app stores. Chromecast on the other hand is not an optimal solution because the DNS is static.

I haven't done extensive testing in terms of accessing US apps on Smart TVs but I can imagine that there would be some limitations. Be aware that unlike media players such as Apple TV and Nvidia Shield, Smart TVs are designed to be sold to specific regions (typically US, Europa, Asia). Also be aware that most Smart TV platforms are not updated year-to-year. As soon as next year's line-up is announced, the old TVs are typically forgotten. If you decide to go for a Smart TV solution, the best choice in your situation would likely be an Android TV but I think a media player built on an evolving operating system is a better solution.
Til top
Ny bruger
Ny bruger

Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér DanishBob Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 07-Juni-2017 kl. 13:29
Thanks... I had read a little on the limitations of some Smart TVs... so perhaps it is best to completely ignore this aspect, but I was hoping not to because if I need to get other devices, it will eat into the money I have for the TV... I currently have an Apple TV from the States (it works over here), but it is not 4K so without Smart TV apps, I probably will be limited to watching 1080p content.
Til top
slumbert Se dropdown menu
Guld medlem
Guld medlem

Oprettet: 05-November-2009
Point: 1977
Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér slumbert Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 08-Juni-2017 kl. 07:21
Oprindeligt skrevet af DanishBob DanishBob skrev:

Thanks... I had read a little on the limitations of some Smart TVs... so perhaps it is best to completely ignore this aspect, but I was hoping not to because if I need to get other devices, it will eat into the money I have for the TV... I currently have an Apple TV from the States (it works over here), but it is not 4K so without Smart TV apps, I probably will be limited to watching 1080p content.

Down the road your smart tv, will not be updated and you will need to buy something like Nvidia Shield anyway. Smart tv is not a big deal anyway and should'nt be your focus if you plan to keep the display for more than a couple of years.
endnu en hifi-flygtning

Kabeldiskussioner - Dumhed i metermål

Til top
slumbert Se dropdown menu
Guld medlem
Guld medlem

Oprettet: 05-November-2009
Point: 1977
Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér slumbert Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 08-Juni-2017 kl. 09:57
endnu en hifi-flygtning

Kabeldiskussioner - Dumhed i metermål

Til top
Ny bruger
Ny bruger

Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér DanishBob Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 09-Juni-2017 kl. 07:22
Oprindeligt skrevet af slumbert slumbert skrev:

Down the road your smart tv, will not be updated and you will need to buy something like Nvidia Shield anyway. Smart tv is not a big deal anyway and should'nt be your focus if you plan to keep the display for more than a couple of years.

I am sure you are right... was just looking for a simple solution for the family. I think the 1st step is to get a quality TV, then over time, add on devices like speakers and a 4K media box

Redigeret af DanishBob - 09-Juni-2017 kl. 07:22
Til top

Besvar Besvar

Skift forum Forum-tilladelser Se dropdown menu