recordere.dk forum     Det danske community for hjemmets elektronik og indhold     Siden 2003
<b>Forside</b> Forside > Køb og salg > Køb, salg, bytte
  Nye indlæg Nye indlæg  Seneste forum emner Seneste   Seneste forum emner (vindue) Vindue   De emner du deltager i Mine emner RSS Feed - S: Da-Lite High-Power og HC High Power lærred
  FAQ FAQ  Søg i forum   Opret ny bruger Opret ny bruger  Log ind Log ind

S: Da-Lite High-Power og HC High Power lærred

Besvar Besvar Side  12>
Forfatter
Besked
Ted Se dropdown menu
Bruger
Bruger

Oprettet: 27-Januar-2013
Point: 76
Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér Ted Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Emne: S: Da-Lite High-Power og HC High Power lærred
    Sendt: 07-November-2015 kl. 16:28
Hi,
I have one Da-Lite High Power 16:9 119 inch diagonal screen (263 cm wide image) and one High contrast High Power 2.40:1 format also 263 cm wide image for sale. 

The high power material is retro-reflective. This means that the light is focused back to the light source. To take most advantage of this, the seating position shouldnt be too far away from the projector. But if you have a shelf mounted projector there are big advantages.

1) First off they have an on axis gain of 2.4. This means that the image gets to be more than twice as bright as a regular screen. The difference is huge IRL, the image virtually pops of the screen in comparison. Perfect for 3D, some ambient light in the room, or if you have a projector that can close down an iris for improved contrast, like the JVCs.

2) Since it is retroreflective it doesnt hotspot even though it has a very high gain. I.e. the central parts of the screen doesnt get any brighter than the edges. This is very pronounced with regular high gain screens.

3) Since they focus the light in a narrow cone very little light spills back to the walls and ceiling. This really helps maintain contrast in less ideal environments, like rooms with white walls or celing. The 2.40:1 screen is a high contrast version with a light grey coating and a slightly more narrow viewing cone. 

4) The coating is not very visible and provides a very smooth and fine image. Much less grainy structure than the Stewart Firehawk, SI Black Diamond and React high contrast screens. These screens also all have significant hotspotting.

The drawbacks are the requirements of not too high projector placement and that if you have a very wide sofa the outer seats will get a dimmer image. 

These screens are no longer made and cant be ordered from Da-Lite anymore even if they are very popular. More info about the material can be found here: 
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/23-screens/773065-high-power-review-part-1-a.html

The 16:9 screen has some scratch marks on the black border, but still provides an excellent image. Price 2000 DKK.

The 2.40 screen is in good condition. Price 6000 DKK

Both screens can be stopped at different positions from the ceiling and go far down if needed (extra black drop).

You can come and demo the screens if you like, they are mounted in my theater outside Copenhagen. 

Let me know if you have any questions! You can write in either English or Danish. I do understand it, but my writing is terrible... Smile

BR Ted

Redigeret af Ted - 02-December-2015 kl. 22:40
Til top
press_play Se dropdown menu
Bruger
Bruger

Oprettet: 15-September-2015
Point: 63
Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér press_play Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 09-November-2015 kl. 13:48
Would you recommend your screen for a projector novice with a new w1070 and standard white walls ? I was thinking about buying a screen with 0.8 gain, but reading your description of your screen, I am having second thoughts. You are saying your screen is reflecting the light back to the original source, and that makes me think your screen might be an overall better solution than a budget 0.8 grey screen from amazon ?  
Til top
Ted Se dropdown menu
Bruger
Bruger

Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér Ted Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 09-November-2015 kl. 14:38
It definitely preserves contrast better than a normal low gain screen. It both gives less reflections to the walls and more light back from the projector. I had it in a bright room before with good results, but my projector had the option to decrease its brightness with an iris. So it depends on how you want to watch it and how bright you like it. It will be very bright since you dont have an iris. Like a giant TV, perfect for sports with some lights on in the room or for 3D. Some people also like high brightness for movies. It certainly makes everything POP off the screen but some people also find that high brightness a bit fatiguing. You are welcome to bring your projector by and test it out with the screen if you live in the vicinity.
Til top
Ted Se dropdown menu
Bruger
Bruger

Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér Ted Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 09-November-2015 kl. 14:45
Oh, one more thing. Cheap screens tend to develop waves with time which can be very distracting. The high power screens have a more rigid back material and their retroreflective nature also makes it very hard to see any waves as the brightness is perfectly uniform even if the surface is not flat. Therefore expensive tab-tensioning is not needed.
Til top
Bruger
Bruger

Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér press_play Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 09-November-2015 kl. 15:04
Wow, thanks for answering so quickly. 

Thanks for the offer, regarding testing the screen out at your place. However would it not yield a very imprecise result, considering that your home theater is a well treated room with superior light control ?

Also I forgot to ask. Is your screen motorized ?

Lastly, how critical is placing the projector at table-height with this screen ?
Til top
Ted Se dropdown menu
Bruger
Bruger

Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér Ted Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 09-November-2015 kl. 15:34
You would not see the contrast preserving properties as much, but you would get a feeling for the brightness and the feeling of the screen. Also, I think I have some white sheets I can put on the side walls close to the screen to also get a feeling for the wash-out effect. We can compare it to my Studiotek 130, which is a high-end white reference screen with 1.3 gain. 

The screen is not motorized. It's pull down and can be stopped at different heights.

At table height should be fine. It's the angle between you the screen and the projector that is important. The narrower the higher gain. At a normal viewing distance, having the projector a meter above or below your head will be fine. Much more than that and you start loosing the gain.
Til top
Ted Se dropdown menu
Bruger
Bruger

Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér Ted Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 09-November-2015 kl. 15:35
I also have a lot of screen samples from different manufacturers with different gain that we can compare to. Also standard 0.8 grey screen material.
Til top
Bruger
Bruger

Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér press_play Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 09-November-2015 kl. 15:45
It all sounds very exciting. So far all I have tried, is projecting onto a white wall first, and then onto a blackout curtain. In the latter case the image was very dark and soft and riddled with waves. When projecting onto the white wall, the image was very washed out and overbright and had anemic black levels. 

If I was to make an "appointment" next week, when would it then suit you the best ?
Til top
Ted Se dropdown menu
Bruger
Bruger

Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér Ted Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 09-November-2015 kl. 16:01
Monday, Tuesday or Thursday after 6 would work fine. 

If the projector is too bright for your liking no matter if you use a wall or a screen you might want to look into getting an ND-filter (neutral density filter) to cut down on the brightness. They are sold for cameras and are not so expensive.
Til top
Bruger
Bruger

Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér press_play Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 12-November-2015 kl. 17:10
Okay, so let's set up an appointment next tuesday around 7ish :O)
Til top
dabp Se dropdown menu
Bruger
Bruger

Oprettet: 08-Maj-2007
Sted: Sweden
Point: 227
Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér dabp Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 21-November-2015 kl. 18:55
Sent you a private message :)
Til top
Ted Se dropdown menu
Bruger
Bruger

Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér Ted Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 21-November-2015 kl. 22:31
Hi dabp,
Please try to resend the message. I didn't receive it.
BR Ted
Til top

Besvar Besvar Side  12>

Skift forum Forum-tilladelser Se dropdown menu