recordere.dk forum     Det danske community for hjemmets elektronik og indhold     Siden 2003
<b>Forside</b> Forside > Recordere, afspillere og foto > Recordere (optagere)
  Nye indlæg Nye indlæg  Seneste forum emner Seneste   Seneste forum emner (vindue) Vindue   De emner du deltager i Mine emner RSS Feed - Harddisk i Panasonic DMR-HS2EG
  FAQ FAQ  Søg i forum   Opret ny bruger Opret ny bruger  Log ind Log ind

Emne lukketHarddisk i Panasonic DMR-HS2EG

Besvar Besvar
Forfatter
Besked
Kjeld Se dropdown menu
Bruger
Bruger

Oprettet: 06-Oktober-2003
Point: 157
Direkte link til dette indlæg Emne: Harddisk i Panasonic DMR-HS2EG
    Sendt: 06-Oktober-2003 kl. 16:33

Er der nogen som ved om det er muligt at sætte en større/anden harddisk i en Panasonic DMR-HS2EG recorder ?

Jeg kunne godt bruge lidt mere plads

Kjeld

Til top
Lars Se dropdown menu
Administrator
Administrator

recordere.dk teamet

Oprettet: 05-Oktober-2003
Sted: Denmark
Point: 15689
Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 06-Oktober-2003 kl. 21:32

Hej Kjeld

HS2'ren er øjensynlig låst til 40 GB...  Cry

Man kan godt sætte en større harddisk i, hvis man vælger en model der ikke bruger mere strøm end den der allerede sidder i (check datablade hos harddisk fabrikanterne) - men maskinen formaterer og bruger kun de 40GB af pladsen.

Der er en lang tråd om det i dette engelske forum:

http://www.thewholewideweb.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=339&whichpage=1

Men jeg vedhæfter lige det vigtigste af indlæggene herunder.

/Lars 

========

Hi,

I just found this forum and have had many similar experiences to the people in this thread. I thought I'd summarise them, for the fun of it:

1. The benefit of changing the drive is purely reduced noise. My original drive was a Maxtor DiamondMax D540X 40Gb and it made a high-pitched whine that I couldn't live with.

2. According to what I've read, fitting a higher capacity drive is of no benefit, because the firmware will only use the first 40Gb.

3. Your replacement drive should roughly consume the same power as the original drive, which is about 5W during writing or seeking. You may get away with a somewhat more power-hungry drive. My current one is a DiamondMax Plus 8, rated at 8W, and it works, exhibiting almost none of the problems in point 4, but only very occasional U11 errors and an intolerance to the cheapest media. On the other hand, a Seagate Barracuda ATA IV, rated at 12W, was causing lots of problems for me. The most suitable drive, on paper, that I have retrospectively found is the Maxtor Fireball 3, mentioned previously in this thread.

4. If you fit a too power hungry drive you are likely to get some of the following problems:

a) The machine will claim your blank DVD-RAM disks are write-protected.

b) If you try to edit programmes on a non-blank DVD-RAM, e.g. say you try to erase a programme, the machine is likely to turn itself off with a U11 error and, after restarting, will be locked into a cycle of U11 errors and power offs, never allowing you to open the tray again.

c) You will get frequent U11 errors writing to DVD-R, though this may basically still work.

d) The machine will become much more sensitive to DVD-R and even DVD-ROM quality, exhibiting picture and sound breakup, possibly only towards the end of the disk, depending on the quality of your media. Different batches of the same brand media may or may not work. Strangely the disks that exhibited these problems were still readable perfectly on my laptop and, later, on the HS2, once I put a lower power HDD back in.

5. The machine will force you to reformat the HDD, whenever you change it, even if you put an old HS2-formatted disk back in.

6. It takes standard 3.5" desktop IDE drives in slave mode. I am currently running successfully with a 7200RPM drive, though only a 5400RPM one is needed. The speculation that 7200RPM doesn't work would appear to be bogus, but I totally agree with the power consumption argument. The whole machine is rated at a mere 39W, according to what it says on the back. Compare that to the 200W+ power supplies in your average PC or even the 72W rating of an IBM laptop power brick.

7. You could fit a 2.5" drive, but a 40Gb 5400RPM laptop drive will cost you and I can see no reason to do use one, except perhaps it generates less heat and might enhance the 'stackability' of the machine. Suitable brackets and connectors should be available at your local electronics store. A possible problem could be that, while 2.5" drives tend to be rated at about 5W, they take all the power out of the 5V line, whereas the 3.5" drives spread the load across the 12V and 5V lines.

8. Last, but not least, before buying a new drive, read up un the acoustics. A drive rated at about 27dB or less should be OK. Fluid dynamic bearings are quieter than ball bearings. Paradoxically 7200RPM drives often have quieter acoustics, because they are fitted with the fluid dynamic bearings. An exception is the Maxtor Fireball 3 2F040L0, which would seem to be ideal.

Til top
Kjeld Se dropdown menu
Bruger
Bruger

Oprettet: 06-Oktober-2003
Point: 157
Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 09-Oktober-2003 kl. 12:09

Tak for det. Lidt ærgeligt ikke at kunne sætte en 80 elle 120GB disk i .

Ellers en fin hjemmeside.

Kjeld

Til top

Besvar Besvar

Skift forum Forum-tilladelser Se dropdown menu