recordere.dk forum     Det danske community for hjemmets elektronik og indhold     Siden 2003
<b>Forside</b> Forside > Recordere, afspillere og foto > Microsoft Media Center, MCE og HTPC
  Nye indlæg Nye indlæg  Seneste forum emner Seneste   Seneste forum emner (vindue) Vindue   De emner du deltager i Mine emner RSS Feed - Silverstone ML02-MXR - can’t turn new build pc on
  FAQ FAQ  Søg i forum   Opret ny bruger Opret ny bruger  Log ind Log ind

Silverstone ML02-MXR - can’t turn new build pc on

Besvar Besvar
Forfatter
Besked
M.E Se dropdown menu
Ny bruger
Ny bruger

Oprettet: 18-December-2019
Point: 8
Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér M.E Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Emne: Silverstone ML02-MXR - can’t turn new build pc on
    Sendt: 18-December-2019 kl. 15:17

I have recently bought the old HTPC case Silverstone ML02-MXR for my first pc build.

Problem description

When I plug the power cable into the case and turn the power on on the wall, the iMon display turns on and light and also the diodes on the keyboard light for some seconds and the optical mouse light continuously (they are both connected by PS2), but nothing else happens. There seems to be no display signal to my apple display (which I have tested works) and I can’t hear the HHD spin and the fans also doesn’t turn on. And if I try to press the power button or holding it down for 10 seconds afterwards nothing more happens.

Correctly cable connections... ?

I wonder if I have connected the cables to and from the iMon display hardware card correctly...

I have connected:

1) The black, red and purple triple wire on the iMon hardware card with the black, red and purple triple wire from the 20 + 4 ATX power connector.

2) The red and black duo wire on the iMon hardware card with the power button connector (PWRBTN#) at the System header on the motherboard.

3) The blue and white wire from the power button on the case to the duo connector on the iMon hardware card with the blue wire beneath the white wire.

Should I instead have placed the white wire beneath the blue one, or doesn’t it matter ?

In case I have connected the cables wrongly, I would like to know how others who have worked with the Silverstone ML02-MXR have connected the iMon hardware card and the power button on the case of the SilverStone ML02 ?

In case you think it’s easier, you may also insert some pictures of how you connected the iMon hardware card and the power button on the case of the SilverStone ML02.

Hardware specifications - for now

Case: Silverstone ML02-MXR (followed with one case fan)

PSU: 120 W (followed with the case)

Case display: iMon LCD display

Motherboard: Asrock X570m Pro4

CPU: AM4 Ryzen 3 3200G

CPU cooler: Noctua NH-L9

Ram: 32 GB (2 * 16 GB) G.Skill 32GTZNC

HHD: Western Digital WD30EZRZ / 3 TB

Optical drive: Pioneer BDR-209EBK used as external drive with IcyBox USB 3.0 and own power supply

Keyboard: Labtec Media keyboard, PS/2

Mouse: OPTICAL SCROLL MOUSE 2-BUTTON | PS/2 F/HP PC (QY775AA)

PS/2 connector: 6IN IBM PS/2 KEYBOARD/MOUSE Y CABLE (KYC1MF)

Screen: Apple Cinema display (A1081)

DisplayPort to DVI adapter: Akyga DVI-I - DisplayPort M-F Adapter 0.2m​

Til top
fltk Se dropdown menu
Platin medlem
Platin medlem

Oprettet: 04-Februar-2004
Point: 10300
Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér fltk Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 18-December-2019 kl. 16:12
Windows OS installed?
Samsung UE55F7005
AX Quadbox med 3x DVB-C/T2 og 1x S2 med OpenVix
Dune HD Realbox 4K
HTPC/Terratec DVB-C/-T/DVBViewer
Thomson THA100
Til top
M.E Se dropdown menu
Ny bruger
Ny bruger

Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér M.E Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 18-December-2019 kl. 16:39
There isn’t installed any OS yet.

It’s brand new and haven’t been turned on before.
Til top
fltk Se dropdown menu
Platin medlem
Platin medlem

Oprettet: 04-Februar-2004
Point: 10300
Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér fltk Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 19-December-2019 kl. 09:04
Oprindeligt skrevet af M.E M.E skrev:

There isn’t installed any OS yet.

It’s brand new and haven’t been turned on before.

Maybe it's the reason for no response on the display.
Samsung UE55F7005
AX Quadbox med 3x DVB-C/T2 og 1x S2 med OpenVix
Dune HD Realbox 4K
HTPC/Terratec DVB-C/-T/DVBViewer
Thomson THA100
Til top
M.E Se dropdown menu
Ny bruger
Ny bruger

Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér M.E Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 19-December-2019 kl. 12:13
No, the screen should turn on and display the boot loader... if everything is powered as it should.

After that it’s possible to enter the UEFI BIOS and checking and editing it settings, and thereafter install an operating system.

Til top
M.E Se dropdown menu
Ny bruger
Ny bruger

Funktioner Funktioner   Tak (0) Tak(0)   Citér M.E Citér  BesvarSvar Direkte link til dette indlæg Sendt: 19-December-2019 kl. 12:14
I have changed the white and blue wire, and afterwards I could turn the pc on without any problem. Smile LOL

Redigeret af M.E - 19-December-2019 kl. 19:15
Til top

Besvar Besvar

Skift forum Forum-tilladelser Se dropdown menu